It can be concerning to see a loved one’s cognitive health decline as they age. If you cannot provide full-time care, you may worry about their health and safety. Thankfully, there are quality Memory Care programs in Texas that can help provide the care your family member needs for Alzheimer’s and dementia.
When you put your trust in Buckner Retirement Services for your loved one’s dementia or Alzheimer’s care in Texas, you can rest easy. You’ll know that they will receive a high quality of care in a secure, beautiful setting. We pride ourselves on our luxurious accommodations and an extensive array of amenities. Call us today at 855.931.5688 to learn more about our premier Memory Care programs in Texas as well as our other senior care options.
Does Your Loved One Need Memory Care Services in Texas?
It is perfectly normal to feel a bit less sharp as you age, but this cognitive decline can also be due to Alzheimer’s and dementia. If your loved one has been diagnosed with either of these conditions, you may be considering the need for Memory Care services in Texas. Here are a few signs to look for:
- A noticeable change in their demeanor, such as increased anxiety, irritability, or aggression
- A decline in personal hygiene
- Rapid weight loss due to forgetting to eat
- The development of new habits like excessive messiness or hoarding
- Incidences of wandering or getting lost
- Frequently forgetting to take medications
These symptoms indicate that your loved one may need full-time care to keep them healthy and safe. Memory Care programs can provide seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia with around-the-clock monitoring and care in secure environments. This high level of care can help ease your mind about your loved one’s well-being.
Memory Care and Dementia Care in Texas
Our mission at Buckner Retirement Services is for every resident to live a meaningful life regardless of cognitive ability. If your loved one has received a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, we are here to walk alongside you with love and compassion.
Often, deciding to move your loved one to a Memory Care facility can be one of the hardest decisions for a family to make. That’s why we designed our certified memory care program, The Harbor, so you wouldn’t have to make the journey alone.
The Harbor Memory Care
Buckner Retirement Services’ original Memory Care program, The Harbor, provides a comfortable, home-like environment for residents to enjoy life. In addition to their private suites, our Alzheimer’s and dementia care program residents are encouraged to utilize the courtyard, garden, community activity, and dining spaces. These are all in a safe and secure setting.
- Residents of The Harbor Memory Care community enjoy services and amenities including:
- Community dining and living spaces
- Individually-controlled heating and cooling units
- Three daily meals prepared by culinary professionals
- Daily housekeeping services
- Weekly laundry services
- Cable television
- Apartment maintenance and repair
- On-staff social worker and chaplain
- Memory-enhancement programs
- 24-hour emergency response system
- In-house beauty salon and barbershop
- Outdoor garden and walking paths
- Short-term and day respite stays
What Are Our Independent Living Services in Texas?
No matter which Independent Living option you choose to call home, every Senior Independent Living resident at Buckner enjoys access to services and amenities including, but not limited to:
- Full-service dining program with flexible hours
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Regular community events and outings
- All indoor and outdoor maintenance
- Scheduled transportation
- All utilities paid (except telephone)
- Wireless internet access
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Washer and dryer
- Covered parking
At Buckner Retirement Services, you can focus on all the best aspects of retirement living. When you choose Independent Living in our beautiful community, you will enjoy the convenience and wide array of our on-site amenities while also having the freedom of your own private living space. Residents also appreciate the free time that comes with no longer having to keep up with home maintenance, laundry, and cleaning.
Get Peace of Mind with Buckner Retirement Services
At all six of our locations, Buckner Retirement Services strives to provide a fun, relaxing environment where seniors can fully enjoy their retirement years. We offer a full continuum of care, so whether your loved one needs Alzheimer’s or dementia care in Texas, we can help. You can feel confident that they will receive the attention, support, and respect they deserve in a safe, secure environment. To learn more about our Memory Care services in Texas, schedule a visit or contact us today at 855.931.5688.
Is it the right time for senior living?
Learn more about senior living and find out which options are the best fit for you or your family with this quick 4-5 minute survey.