When considering your senior living options, you need to consider your level of independence and the type of environment in which you wish to live. Many individuals opt for independent senior living when they first decide to sell their family home. This can be a great choice for seniors who are still in good health, want to stay active, and wish to get the most out of their retirement years.
For premier independent living communities in Texas, consider Buckner Retirement Services as your new home. We provide all the amenities and services you could hope for to live conveniently on-site. When you need a little fun and excitement, you can join in on our regularly scheduled outings. With care options for seniors in Austin, Beaumont, Dallas, Houston, Longview, and San Angelo, TX, you are sure to find a location that meets your unique needs.
You can start living the good life at Buckner by reaching out to us at 214.227.7182
Is Independent Senior Living Right for You?
When you are searching for the right senior living community, you should consider your level of independence. This can help determine the specific type of community that would be most suitable. Independent living in Texas at a Buckner community may be the right choice for you if:
- You’re in good health and do not require assistance for daily activities.
- You would like to forego the responsibilities of owning and maintaining a home.
- You’d prefer to live in a community with your peers.
- You would like to participate in social activities with other seniors.
- You would prefer not to drive.
Moving into our independent senior living communities can give you the sense of community you desire. It also provides you with the freedom to live in your own private space and come and go as you please.
Buckner's Senior Independent Living Options in Texas
Independent living at Buckner is all about choices. We cater to your needs and lifestyle so you can choose where and how you live your life. Our options for senior independent living include:
- Luxury townhomes – Our one-story, two-bedroom townhouses let you live with all the familiarity and comfort of home without the hassle of regular home maintenance. Plus, you can enjoy easy access to our life-enrichment opportunities.
- Apartment homes – We feature a variety of apartment home floor plans, including studio, one- and two-bedroom. These all-inclusive residences offer the perfect amount of privacy, socialization, and convenience.
Your level of comfort and independence is the top priority at Buckner. Visit one of our independent senior living communities in Texas today and start living your life the way you want.
Our Senior Independent Living Services
No matter which independent living option you choose to call home, you’ll enjoy access to services and amenities including, but not limited to:
- Full-service dining program with flexible hours
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Regular community events and outings
- All indoor and outdoor maintenance
- Scheduled transportation
- All utilities paid (except telephone)
- Wireless internet access
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Washer and dryer
- Covered parking
At Buckner Retirement Services, you can focus on all the best aspects of retirement living. When you choose independent senior living in a Buckner community, you will enjoy the convenience and wide array of our on-site amenities while also having the freedom of your own private living space. Residents also appreciate the free time that comes with no longer having to keep up with home maintenance, laundry, and cleaning.
Independent Living Is Part of Our Continuum of Care
As your needs change during retirement, we are ready to rise to meet them. Our continuum of care encourages you to stay in your current residence and age in place as long as it is medically appropriate. When the time comes, we’ll be here with specialized services for those who need help with activities such as bathing, dressing, or managing medications.
Other services in our continuum of care include:
- Assisted living – Our assisted living communities provide the support you need to remain as independent as possible.
- Memory care – We provide specialized memory care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Skilled nursing – For those who need short-term, post-surgery recovery, or long-term care services, our skilled nursing centers offer 24/7 medical supervision in a supportive environment.
No matter where you are in your retirement journey, we can provide the right level of care and services for you.
Is it the right time to downsize?
Learn more about senior living and find out which options are the best fit for you or your family with this quick 4-5 minute survey.