It can be concerning to see a loved one’s cognitive health decline as they age. If you cannot provide full-time care, you may worry about their health and safety. Thankfully, there are quality senior memory care programs that can help provide the care your family member needs for Alzheimer’s and dementia.
When you put your trust in Buckner Retirement Services for your loved one’s dementia or Alzheimer’s care in Texas, you can rest easy. You’ll know that they will receive high-quality care in a secure, beautiful setting. We pride ourselves on our luxurious accommodations and an extensive array of amenities.
Call us today at 855.931.5688 to learn more about our premier memory care programs in Texas as well as our other senior care options.
What Is Dementia?
Dementia is a progressive, degenerative neurological disorder that affects memory and cognitive processes. As the disease progresses, it can affect speech, behavior, thinking skills, reasoning abilities, emotions, and judgment. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type of dementia, but there are other types including:
- Vascular dementia – Caused by a stroke or other conditions that affect the blood supply to the brain
- Lewy body dementia – An umbrella term for several types of dementia, including Parkinson’s disease
- Frontotemporal dementia – Caused by shrinkage in certain areas of the brain
- Mixed dementia – A combination of different types of dementia
Each type of dementia is a progressive disorder, meaning it gets worse over time. With the right care and treatment, however, many people with dementia can still lead full lives.
It is perfectly normal to feel a bit less sharp as you age, but this cognitive decline can also be due to Alzheimer’s and dementia. If your loved one has been diagnosed with either of these conditions, you may be considering the need for senior memory care services.
Does Your Loved One Need Memory Care?
Here are a few signs that can let you know it’s time to start looking for help:
- A noticeable change in their demeanor, such as increased anxiety, irritability, or aggression
- A decline in personal hygiene
- Rapid weight loss due to forgetting to eat
- The development of new habits like excessive messiness or hoarding
- Incidences of wandering or getting lost
- Frequently forgetting to take medications
These symptoms indicate that your loved one may need full-time care to keep them healthy and safe. Buckner’s senior memory care programs provide seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia with around-the-clock monitoring and care in secure environments. This high level of care can help ease your mind about your loved one’s well-being.
Buckner's Memory Care Programs in Texas
Our mission at Buckner Retirement Services is for every resident to live a meaningful life regardless of cognitive ability. If your loved one has received a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, we are here to walk alongside you with love and compassion.
Often, deciding to move your loved one to a memory care community can be one of the hardest decisions for a family to make. That’s why we designed our certified memory care program, The Harbor, so you wouldn’t have to make the journey alone.
Memory Care at The Harbor
Buckner Retirement Services’ original memory care program, The Harbor, provides a comfortable, home-like environment for residents to enjoy life. In addition to having private suites, our Alzheimer’s and dementia care program residents are encouraged to utilize the courtyard, garden, community activity, and dining spaces. These are all in a safe and secure setting.
Residents of The Harbor community enjoy services and amenities including:
- Community dining and living spaces
- Individually-controlled heating and cooling units
- Three daily meals prepared by culinary professionals
- Daily housekeeping services
- Weekly laundry services
- Cable television
- Apartment maintenance and repair
- On-staff social worker and chaplain
- Memory-enhancement programs
- 24-hour emergency response system
- In-house beauty salon and barbershop
- Outdoor garden and walking paths
- Short-term and day respite stays
Knowing when it’s time to find senior memory care services for your loved one is hard, but we can help. We know the choice to transition your loved ones to a senior living community does not come lightly, which is why we provide resources for prospective residents and their families.
Find Peace of Mind at Buckner Retirement Services
At all six of our locations, Buckner Retirement Services strives to provide a fun, relaxing environment where seniors can fully enjoy their retirement years. We offer a full continuum of care, so whether your loved one needs Alzheimer’s or dementia care in Texas, we can help. You can feel confident that they will receive the attention, support, and respect they deserve in a safe, secure environment.
To learn more about our memory care services in Texas, schedule a visit or contact us today at 855.931.5688.
Is it the right time for senior living?
Learn more about senior living and find out which options are the best fit for you or your family with this quick 4-5 minute survey.