There are some traits that are universal, like the desire for autonomy and independence. Following our own path and doing what you want starts as a toddler and stays with us the rest of our days. As one of our Buckner Core Principles, we measure every service, activity, and part of our community against one question: Does it promote your independence? We believe that every member of our community deserves a senior independent lifestyle, and we do our best to make that a possibility. To learn more about the Buckner Independence Lifestyle Promise, please contact Buckner Retirement Services today at 855.931.5688.
Why Is a Senior Independent Lifestyle Important?
As you get older, your senior independent lifestyle is more important than ever.
- You are physically less able to be self-sufficient.
- Your mental acuity may decrease over time.
- Loved ones who help you with everyday life can no longer support you as they age or pass away.
- Your ability to drive or get from one place to another may be greatly diminished.
While there are many benefits of senior living, the most valuable aspect for most seniors is an improvement in their senior independent lifestyle. Our senior living communities provide senior independent lifestyles that promote independence and allow members to live according to their own choices and wishes. With options such as transportation and culinary services, you can go where you wish and eat what you want, provided it adheres to your health plan. We work with each resident to develop a plan that will let them maintain their independence as they get the care and support they need to thrive.
Buckner Independence Lifestyle Promise
We care about your senior independent lifestyle just as much as you do. That is why we have created the Buckner Independence Lifestyle Promise, an agreement between each senior and the Buckner Retirement Services communities that ensures senior independence.
How do we encourage senior independent lifestyles? At every Buckner community, we eliminate steps between services wherever possible, which means you can go where you wish and eat what you want without having to jump through many hoops or asking permission for each activity. Our promise of senior independence does not stop there. We will help you achieve your senior independent lifestyle by doing things such as:
- Working with all seniors to develop their senior independent lifestyle goals and making a plan that will help them attain those goals
- Providing transportation and rides to those that need or want them
- Connecting members with other senior community members for a sense of belonging and companionship
- Offering services from licensed medical staff at least once a month so members can maintain independence while still receiving medical care, advice, and support from professionals who understand senior lifestyles
In cases where it is safe to do so, we also give residents full use of their apartment, including kitchens, so they can personalize it how they see fit instead of being forced into someone else’s design choices without the option of customization.
Learn More About Buckner Retirement Services
At Buckner Retirement Services, we want to help you thrive during your golden years. Creating a community that will provide as much independence as possible is one way that we serve residents. Independence starts with our variety of Independent Living floor plans, flexible culinary options, and range of programs, lifestyle programming services, and amenities. We also offer a top-notch care staff that can create a personalized plan that will help you live a more fulfilling and engaging life.
We continue to promote your independence at every level of care in our health services, including:
For more information about our services and how we promote independence for seniors, please contact Buckner Retirement Services today at 855.931.5688.