As people get older, their level of independence and the amount of care and support they need change. When someone is considering senior living services, the level of care being offered at a certain facility may mean that they would need to relocate should their physical health deteriorate. If this is a concern, it might be better to look for a continuing care retirement community (CCRC). But what is a CCRC? Keep reading to find out.
At Buckner, we offer CCRC facilities that provide the full continuum of care. Our luxurious and comfortable communities provide a wide variety of services and amenities for seniors at various levels of care. If you or a loved one is looking for a community in which they can age in place, contact us at 214.227.7182 to learn more about what we can offer.
What Is a CCRC?
There are a lot of different senior living facilities available, and it might be difficult to choose the right facility that can provide the proper level of care for an elderly loved one. In contrast, a CCRC is a senior living community that provides different types of care based on a resident’s health or ability to live independently. The common levels of care are:
- Independent living – For seniors that are still in good health and can live independently, but wish to have easier access to amenities or a community of peers.
- Assisted living – For seniors who require assistance in performing daily tasks, but still wish to maintain a measure of freedom and independence.
- Memory care – For seniors who are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive impairments.
- Long-term skilled nursing care – For seniors who are recovering from injury or illness.
In a CCRC, residents may move from one level of care to another while staying in the same location. Services depend on the resident’s current needs and level of health while always having access to all the amenities offered in the community.
The Benefits of Living in a Continuing Care Retirement Community
When choosing a senior living community, there are a multitude of benefits that come with choosing a CCRC over other retirement communities. A few of them are:
- Conveniently having various levels of care available at the same site—eliminating the chance of choosing the wrong level of care when initially moving into a community
- Consistent and uninterrupted care in a community that a resident has become comfortable with
- Peace of mind for the resident and their family from knowing that their older loved one will be able to get the proper level of care that they require regardless of unexpected accidents or illnesses
- Being able to live with or close to a spouse, even if they are in need of different levels of care
- The availability of a wide spectrum of amenities and facilities that can cater to all levels of senior care in one community
- The stability of being able to maintain and nurture a social community that can be a consistent support system through difficult life changes
- Avoiding the stress and costs associated with having to relocate an elderly loved one if their physical and mental health condition changes
It is often best to move to a senior living community while residents are still healthy and active, and doing so contributes to maintaining their health and independence. A CCRC can guarantee that they can remain in the same place for the rest of their life, offering a sense of stability and security.
Buckner Offers CCRC Senior Living Services in Texas
Now that you know the answer to “what is a CCRC,” do you think it would be right for you or a loved one? Buckner Retirement Services offers the full continuum of care in their facilities across Texas. We remove the stress of choosing the right senior living option by providing CCRCs that offer comfort, care, and enjoyment in a beautiful, secure community. If you or a loved one is ready to transition into senior living, contact us at 214.227.7182 today to schedule a tour.