Your needs change throughout your life, so finding the right senior community is important. Some communities specialize only in independent living, while others focus on seniors’ assisted living or long-term care. While these senior living options may provide excellent care for those specific needs, what happens if you need a higher level of care down the road? Starting a new search for another senior living community can be cumbersome. But with a continuing care retirement community, you can receive the necessary long-term care services in Texas without relocating.
Finding the right continuing care retirement community is easy when choosing Buckner Retirement Services. Our properties throughout Texas boast a wide array of amenities in a beautiful setting. Call us today at 855.931.5688 to learn which of our upscale communities is most suited to your senior living needs.
What Makes a Continuing Care Retirement Community Different?
If you have searched for a senior living community, you may notice that they go by many different names and provide different types of care and services. As you sift through your choices, you can easily become overwhelmed by all the options.
If you or a loved one is struggling to find the right senior living option, you may want to consider a continuing care retirement community. A continuing care retirement community (CCRC) is a senior living community that offers a full continuum of care that adapts to your changing needs. Some levels of care you may find at a CCRC include:
- Independent living
- Assisted living
- Skilled nursing
- Long-term care
- Memory care
One of the biggest appeals of choosing a CCRC is that if you start with independent living but need assistance with daily living tasks down the road, you can transition to the assisted living level without relocating. A continuing care retirement community will also typically offer an extensive list of amenities for you to enjoy, such as:
- Recreational activities
- Educational classes
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Dining room
- Landscaped outdoor areas for walking or relaxing
CCRCs have become quite popular, and you may find a waitlist to get in. Starting your search as early as possible can help ensure access to your continuing care retirement community of choice.
What Are the Benefits of a CCRC?
Choosing a CCRC for your retirement offers various benefits over other types of senior living communities, such as:
- Optimal convenience – These communities take the guesswork of choosing the right senior living option. You do not have to consider which services you may need in the future that you currently do not need.
- Stability and security – When you get comfortable in your community, you may not want to uproot if your needs change and you need a different level of care, such as memory care or respite care. With a continuing care retirement community, you can remain in the home you have come to love and still receive all your care.
- Peace of mind – You and your family can relax knowing that all of your needs will be met, and there will be no need to search for another community in the future.
CCRCs provide somewhat of a one-stop shop when it comes to senior living. Many seniors feel that choosing a continuing care retirement community makes their decision less stressful, and they do not worry about making the wrong choice.
Buckner Retirement Services: Luxury Long-Term Care for Seniors
Buckner Retirement Services helps take the stress of choosing the right senior living option. Our CCRCs offer you optimal comfort and enjoyment in a beautifully landscaped community. Call us today at 855.931.5688 to schedule a tour of our luxury continuing care retirement communities.